jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

La Candelaria, a tour through the museums

Bogota is a very wide city in cultural and entertainment aspects, this capital city of Colombia offers a great variety of activities, for the national and international public, for every occasion and taste.
I was in charge of investigating and looking for museums, a topic I liked very much, a way of learning about the history of my country and the big Colombian personalities, do you want to learn about it? Check out my special report.
My father guided me during my visit to the historic La Candelaria neighborhood in down town, on the road to La Candelaria, we passed in front of the Monserrate chapel, located on the top of the mountain. As my father is a photographer he helped me out a lot taking pictures. 



 We first visited la Casa De La Moneda a museum in which I saw the changes of the currency throughout the history of the country and the machines where the paper money was made. Then we visited the museum Trajes regionales casa de Manuelita saenz, which was in the way going to La Plaza de Bolivar, a square surrounded with representative buildings of historical eras, I saw the Capitolio Nacional, constructed in 1926. When I was there, I could also see the march of the nacional soldiers going to the president’s house. The Catedral primada of Bogotá was also there in Bolivar’s square, I could see many international tourists admiring the architecture of the constructions while my father was taking the pictures.
I also visited Centro cultural Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and Museo de Botero, a museum full of art in which most of the pieces where donated by Botero, a Colombian artist, he donated his work and others as Picasso. Museo de arte colonial, Museo iglesia santa Clara, Museo Nacional and Museo de arte moderno MAMBO, where other museums I visited whith my father douring the whole Sunday morning in which I enjoyed a lot.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario