viernes, 1 de octubre de 2010

Jorge Eliecer Gaitan Theater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twDXnoy3Swc  Here you can watch a nice video from the theater
Jazz al parque festival is a great opportunity for having fun, but just if you like jazz.
I went to the opening of this great cultural event, it was on Jorge Eliecer Gaitan Theatre, My father took me to The Museo Nacional where I was doing my part in the topic I choose for the blog, but as I also have to do the topic of theatres and my father loves's jazz so he bought 2 tickets for the opening of Jazz al parque. So I was in the sector of San Diego, and I had already finished doing my work on the Muso Nacional, the Jazz concert was at 6:00 pm, so we walk to the Jorge Eliecer Gaitan theatre and we went to queue, and the queue was too long! So we bought some food while we were waiting, a young man gave us a bracelet when we gave him the ticket. Finally we entered to the theatre, it was just remodeled, It's  a very beautiful place to visit I recommend it to you.

Quickly, we sat on very good places, we could see the whole stage, so the Festival finally started with the words of one important man in the organization of the festival, Then a Jazz quintet appeared on stage they where the backstage crew, I liked very much the music they played it was not the common jazz but a modern Jazz using strange sounds but in my opinion it was all a very good composition, The musicians where all very young and I liked very much the way in which the saxophonist played his instrument.

 Then The Bogota's big band of  Jazz appeared on stage, it was the principal event of the night, In the band there where more than 30 musicians and the best compositors of Jazz in the country, most of them do not live here in Colombia but they came for this important event, one of them is Antonio Arnedo, he live in the city of New York, he is a compositor and one of the best Colombian Saxophonists, It was not the first time we saw him on stage, we had  already saw him last year when he also came here to the Colombia for the Jazz al parque festival of 2009. The Big band was great I really like jazz and love the way they make their music, it all ended at 10 pm, after the concert we bought the cd of the Bogota big Band and the one of the quintet that presented on the beginning on the concert. When we went out it was very cold! But I enjoyed a lot, and I totally recomend you to visit Jorge Eliecer Gaitan Theater, a great place where you can see a lot of cultural events, it is very big and a great sound and architecture.
                                                                                                          

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario