jueves, 14 de octubre de 2010

Virgilio Barco Library

I visited a public library today called, Virgilio Barco. Have you ever heard about it? Have you visit it? Well, I can tell you, that it a beautiful place to visit. It is full of flowers and plants. It has also all the information that you want. I visit it with my father. We didn't want to face with Bogota's traffic, so we use transmilenio. It was so much faster, and easier. We went in transmilenio from my nearest station "Pepe Sierra" to a station called "Simon Bolivar". We were still far, so we took a taxi, from the transmilenio station to the library. When we arrived I took some nice pictures of the view from that place. I discovered that it was such a nice and well structured place.


























When we were on the inside of the library, I was amazed. It was a really nice place, the floor, the walls, even the windows were beautiful. I visited each one of the rooms, there was a room for kids, a virtual room, and a general room. The one I liked the most was the virtual room, because it was a modern room. It had computers, and a lot of video-books. In this room you can choose any book you want, and they put it on so that you can read it in a virtual way.  When I visit it, there was many people with headphones, listening and watching their books. After that, we visited the ceiling, we came up stairs, and walked through the roof. Actually, the roof, was made for people to walk through it, in such way you can watch the whole city, I took many pictures. I found out it is a place where you can relax, and have fun. I think the architect was so intelligent, because this library is wonderfully made.


























 I didn't even know that in Bogota we had a library like this one. I wish I can visit it again. I recommend you to visit it, and look for a book you would want to read or watch, and just relax. It is a quiet place, were you can concentrate. I had a nice experience, and I get to know more about this wonderful city, Bogota.

 This are more pictures:




































1 comentario:

  1. Hello: Pardon me for writing in English. I came across this library in a blog about South American libraries, and then searched specifically for it,because it is so beautiful, while researching my online, non profit, global, community project- Libraries of Our Lives. The aim of the project is to preserve memories of todays libraries in the words of people who loved them, before this institution is transformed by digitization. Please look up the project at librariesofourlives.wordpress.com. I hope you like it. The project is multi-author, and multinational. I would be honored if you shared a brief write up of this library or any others that you like, in the project. Readers would love the hear about them.

    ResponderEliminar